Integrated Tools & Tactics
Handgun / Knife / Empty-Hand Combatives :
Learn the most effective and expedient PTK-SMF methods & integrated firearms training for developing personal protection and fighting skills to counter a lethal dynamic attack.
You'll learn the safe and proper way to handle personal defense weapons through a multi-level progression of training tools and practices. Practitioners will quickly learn the functionality, skills and the tactical execution needed for everyday carrying (EDC) weapons from dry-fire to live-fire practices.
Methods & Tactics
The what, where, when, how and why to deploy everyday carry weapons at a particular range and particular time requires a specific (and safe) training method. The training allows the practitioner to precisely identify threats and maneuver while executing tactics effectively in everyday environments.
Newly acquired skills and tactics also need a method of validation. You'll take what you've learned and safely apply it during live scenario-based training drills – scenarios involving single/multiple opponents as well as countering dynamic edged weapon attacks with force-on-force Airsoft and other training weapons.
(See bios below)
When & Where
April 21, 2018
At the Shooters Gauntlet
Faced with an imminent dynamic attack by an assailant (or multiple assailants) with a firearm or edged weapon in a pre-contact to contact distance engagement.
- Train a proven system of combat and protection used by military, law enforcement and citizens worldwide
- Learn the fastest & most effective methods to gain the skill to identify the threat and maneuver in order to evade and counter a dynamic attack
- Safely and effectively deploy your firearm, knife, tactical light (or other items from your environment)
- Gain a position of advantage and offensive superiority to neutralize and dominate the threat
- Understand the overlapping similarities of firearm, edged weapon and empty-hand tactics and techniques
- The methods to develop the proper mindset for protection against and dominating the threat
You will learn the most effective and expedient method for developing fighting skills and attributes; Offense and counter-offense weaponry drills for the training and development of dynamic range estimation and timing of strikes and attacks.
Counter Dynamic Attacks
The integrated weapons training of PTK-SMF will teach you the proven methods to develop the skills to identify and neutralize a dynamic weapon or empty-hand attack.
Skills and tactics need a progressive method of validation. PTK-SMF methods have been trained, executed, and proven in combat by military operators, law enforcement officers, and citizens across the free world. Testing what you've learned, you'll properly (and safely) apply your skills during live scenario-based training (using Airsoft training handguns and other related training weapons).
Instructed by Mark Booher. Decisively engage and neutralize threats for the protection of self and others. In this three hour segment, you will acquire the skills and knowledge to learn how to shoot, when to shoot, and what to do afterwards.
- Safety & Shooting Fundamentals
- Proper Body Mechanics For More Effective Shooting
- Combat Reloading to Stay In the Fight
- Rapid Fire Drills to Seize the Initiative From the Threat
- The Most Under-Practiced Skill In Firearms Training (hint: has nothing to do with hitting the target)
- Shooting Positions for Realistic Encounters
- Training methods designed to increase your effectiveness against threats in the Urban Environment
Tactical KNife & Empty-Hand Module
Instructed by Joel LeVan. This integrated weapons module of PTK-SMF tactical knife and tactical empty-hands will allow you gain the advantage in any close-quarter engagement using one highly focused system of movement and tactics. You will train and learn the skills that provides protection from all attacks, neutralize the threat and dominate the engagement while simplifying the decision making process. The multipurpose functionality of PTK-SMF involves the same tactics and techniques that integrates personal defense tools and empty-hands without learning separate body mechanics.
Skill Development & Tactics:
- PTK-SMF dynamic footwork & striking mechanics for effective, practical skill
- Contextual identification of range, timing and intent of the threat
- Identify the Use of Force relevant to the attack
- Tactical integration of firearm, knife, empty-hands (or items from your environment)
- Execute proven tactics to neutralize and dominate the threat
- Counter dynamic attacks no matter what tool is used
- Train core environmental scenario drills
- Acquire a tactical mindset through training, development and validation cycle
- Learn the correct methods for training and developing CQC tactics and techniques
- Validate contextual core skills using proven methods within a continuous offense and counter-offense
- Learn the proper and safe way for training Force-on-Force with training knives or impact weapons
- Validate tactics in a basic Force-on-Force scenario (with Airsoft training guns)
- Handgun & 200 rounds of ammunition
- IWB Holster or Concealable OWB
- 3 magazines & Mag Pouch
- Training Handgun (ie. Blue Gun)
- Gun Belt
- Tactical/Outdoor Footwear
- Rubber Training Knife (can be provided)
- Tactical Flashlight (can be provided)
- Eye Protection
- Clothing: Temp/Weather appropriate
- Baseball Cap
- Concealed Carry Shirt/Jacket
- Tactical/Covert Pants or Jeans
- Boot or Footwear w/Outdoor tread. No sneakers
- Rain jacket/pullover in case of rain
Class Level, Location & Time:
intermediate / progressive
April 21, 2018
3904 Millstone Rd Monroeton, PA (outdoor)
9am-12pm (session one)
1pm-4pm (session two)
Note: Please bring food and water with you
Founder and Director of Training and Consulting for Radius Factor. With over 27 years of experience in combatives and self-defense training, his experience covers firearms, edged weapons, empty-hands, grappling, in addition to bringing an athletic perspective to skill development.
His central teaching perspective connects dynamic skill development in the shortest time with the progressive integration of personal protection and close-quarter combatives for everyday interactions and environments.
In addition to Radius Factor, Joel is part of the core PTK-SMF Global instructor cadre for the organization's Military, Law Enforcement, and ICCW programs.
Joel also heads the design thinking and product development division for Radius Factor's consulting services.
Founder and lead instructor for Barritus, a provider of security and intelligence training solutions to the military, law enforcement, and the private sector.
A veteran of the United States Army, Mark served as a member of NATO’s Allied Rapid Reaction Corps, deploying with members of the Royal British Forces, French Foreign Legion and other multinational forces. He is also a Certified Executive Protection Specialist and has traveled to Israel’s West Bank to train with members of the Israeli Defense Forces in counter-terrorism and security.
Following his military service, Mark studied law at the University of Arkansas and spent six years as a deputy prosecuting attorney. He is an experienced litigator who’s prosecuted hundreds of cases including homicide, gun crimes and other violent assaults. Mark has a unique perspective on how violence occurs around the globe and on the street. He has trained hundreds of law enforcement, military, and civilian personnel on the subject of intelligence and security operations. He is also a writer and has contributed to publications such as The Counter Terrorist magazine.